Statutory Guidance continues to require a minimum of one member of any recruitment panel to have undertaken safer recruitment training.
Using the DfE authorised materials from the Lucy Faithfull Foundation, and delivered by accredited trainers, this programme explores the background and context of safer recruitment, defines a safe recruitment process and considers a strategy for maintaining a culture of safeguarding in organisations.
Participants must complete the whole day’s programme and all the included exercises and topic assessments to be awarded certification.
Participants gain the skills they need to ensure that safeguarding is at the heart of their recruitment decisions. By the end of our one-day course, participants will have:
The course is divided into modules:
- identified key features of staff recruitment that help deter or prevent the appointment of unsuitable people
- considered policies and practices that minimise opportunities for abuse or ensure its prompt reporting
- begun to review their own organisation’s policies and practices with a view to creating a safer culture.
- setting the context for safer recruitment
- safer recruitment processes
- making the right decisions
- an on-going culture of vigilance.
Prices start from £85.00 per person. Please log on to find out your school/setting price.
Lunch is not available on this training, but you do have the opportunity to purchase lunch for the canteen.
This course is suitable for head teachers, safeguarding staff, school governors, early years managers and all others in their organisation who are involved in staff selection.