This full-day course is designed for Support Assistants and those responsible for completing Risk Assessments who work with pupils with physical and medical needs.
Trainees will be provided with information about:
- The Importance of Load Management
- Legal Requirements
- Spinal Awareness
- Causes of Muscular Skeletal Injury
- Personal Risk Assessment (staff member)
- The County Risk Assessment process within their role
- Principles of safe Moving and Handling
- Trialling some Moving and Handling Equipment
- Induction to Hoisting
- Examples of good and bad practice
An accredited certificate which allows participants to perform manual handling tasks, at work, for two years. Reaccreditation requires participants to complete a half day refresher.
It is advised that the SENCO or person responsible for managing the moving and handling risk assessments attends the training with their support staff. Please wear loose clothing and appropriate shoes.
Prices start from £81.00 per person. Please log on to find out your school/setting price.
Anyone working with or is responsible for managing risk assessments for pupils with mobility difficulties.