Module 3: Working with Parents in Conflict: How do I support, refer or intervene?
This module is 3 of 4 delivered as part of the Reducing Parental Conflict programme and explores how to discuss parental conflict with parents. It focuses on practicing the skills of handling conversations with parents in conflict using tools and techniques to enable parents to resolve destructive conflict with positive outcomes.
Attendees; The module is designed to practice the skills needed to support parents to reach positive outcomes from destructive conflict situations. Open to a wide range of frontline practitioners working with adults, children and families in a variety of roles across the reach of Local Authorities and partner organisations. Objectives; By the end of this half-day, skills-based workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify the level of conflict encountered and describe the most appropriate support to offer
- Respond appropriately when parental conflict is identified
- Practice how to approach conversations that may arise around distressed relationships
- Know about the available local and national resources available to support parents whose relationship is in conflict.
- Help parents to engage with these services, by being able to describe what they do and what the evidence shows us about long term outcomes for children
- Identify when to talk with your manager about possible domestic abuse and/or child safeguarding situations.
- Introduction & housekeeping
- Module objective
- Participants’ introductions
- Using tools to support parents
- Providing support and guidance
- Motivating and encouraging parents to address their conflict issues
- Putting it into practice with a case study family
- Debrief and take-always
- Summary and evaluation
Please ensure you have completed the Module 2 eLearning before attending the module 3 face to face training. A link to access module 2 eLearning with be emailed to attendee's 2 weeks before the module 3 course date (this could be in your ‘junk’ folder).
This is a fully funded training course for Somerset Practitioners, Senior Leaders, Police,PCSO's, Health Visitors and anyone working with families