Somerset LA will support schools and settings through the moderation process in 2019 to 2020. We aim to provide a reliable, valid and accurate assessment for EYFSP Moderation and data in 2020.
The course has been arranged for teachers NEW to the EYFS/EYSFP. This includes ALL NQTs and ALL teachers new to the EYFS even if you have ample teaching experience.
This one day course will support practitioners:
· To know the statutory requirements of the EYFS Framework
· In observing, documenting, planning and assessing children’s learning
· In understanding the EYFS Profile and the judgements that need to be made at the end of the EYFS with particular reference to: The Prime Area: Communication and Language The Specific Area: Mathematics
· To know the yearly updates from the Standards and Testing Agency (STA)
· To know the moderation dates for 2019 to 2020 such as, EYFSP cluster meetings
· To have the opportunity to network with other practitioners in the ‘same boat’
The aim of Somerset LA is to provide a supportive process over the course of the academic year so that all schools and settings know and understand the statutory responsibilities as cascaded yearly to the LA by the Standards and Testing Agency (STA) and how the LA plan to carry out the statutory requirements.
We strongly advise that Schools become a member of the Somerset process for a £95.00 membership fee (for maintained schools) or £100.00 (for Academies). Please click on the following link to purchase the package: www.supportservicesforeducation.co.uk/Services/3110 Membership includes free access to all training events and clusters for first staff member and at a reduced price to additional staff members (unless otherwise stated). Please note that if the membership is not purchased then the training will be charged at full cost.
The course has been arranged for teachers New to the EYFS/EYFSP. This includes ALL NQTs and ALL teachers NEW to teaching the EYFS even if you have ample teaching experience.